Hybrid working could be considered.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in Data analysis.
The role works with internal clients to determine business requirements, priorities, performance indicators and develop BI solutions which deliver on those requirements. These solutions will be identifying the most suitable data sources, applying any required data transformations, and providing access through the design of intuitive reports and dashboards. You must have a strong understanding of data warehousing, data modelling and data engineering best practice. You will be working with tools across the group to collaborate with Stakeholders to understand how the data can be of value to the wider business. You must have at least 5 years working with the Power BI Services, as well as experience in the wider power platform such as Power Apps and a strong understanding with Microsoft Azure.
• Identify business reporting and analytic needs by collaborating with end users, stakeholders, and technology teams
• Build and maintain security models to support operational reporting and ad-hoc reporting security requirements
• Development of dashboards/reports in Power BI
• Document report design, scheduling documentation and test case documentation as well as assist with end user documentation
• Regularly collect and structure data – combining information from different sources
• Compile data glossary and support continuous data governance improvement
• Provide support to ensure reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analysed data
• Conduct data cleaning and quality audits to validate that the data collected is accurate
• Ensure compliance with corporate policies, project systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security, and legal matters (e.g., GDPR)
• Prepare meaningful reports and perform other monitoring and evaluation tasks as needed
• Undertake any other responsibilities that further contribute to business plans, as required
Skills & Experience:
• Support the roll out of BI to the business, ensuring this is embedded in the wider technology strategy
• Extensive background working with database systems along with a strong knowledge of PL/SQL, T/SQL and basic ANSI SQL
• Extensive knowledge of how to structure Power BI data models, DAX and Power Query/Pivot (desirable)
• Ability to understand and draw data flows and experience of manipulating large volumes of data into digestible management reporting through data transformation and building Power BI dashboards
• High-level ability or genuine willingness to work with SharePoint and PowerApps
• Develop and deliver data visualisation and data analysis solutions to identify and communicate insights which meet business requirements
• Strong team building, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high standard
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or comparable job-related experience is required