Reporting into the SDL Director, the Search & Content Manager is responsible to define/design/deliver the Food search & content strategy, playing a critical role in delivering the e-comm channel growth targets & delivering the IVCP ambition for e-comm channel expansion.
• Define what is required to win on paid search in (i) UK omni (ii) UK pure play (iii) Regional pure play (Amazon)
• Develop paid search strategy and roadmap to improve share of search with top UK customers and maximize ROI
• Build a clear contact strategy with key retailers to understand customer search algorithms & enable SEO
• Design the required annual execution plan to win search in the key retailers
• Manage strategic partner omni channel & pure play customers both directly and through sales team in UK to execute defined onsite paid search plan (top 5 omni, Ocado, Amazon)
• Deliver this directly through ownership of search strategy execution for key customers, and indirect execution through sales where applicable for smaller customers
• Work with and/ or external agencies to ensure the right capability & tools are in place to deliver this Search Strategy
• Lead, inspire and motivate the organization behind this Search Strategy
• Lead third party relationships where required (customers, agencies etc.) to execute the plan
• Provide the sales teams with data-based search performance insights, continuously align on business priorities and how these translate to search actions & plan delivery
• Execute tests, collect, and analyse data, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum short-term ROI and structurally improve long term account performance
• The role is wholly accountable for securing internal alignment to the required budgets to enable a winning plan. Associate fully owns management & execution of digital budget & plan. manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs, and reconciling discrepancies, scale through learning sharing, associate coaching & play books to France/Germany
Search analysis & measurement:
• Work with the Digital Analysts and agencies to track, report, and analyze digital shelf analytics for natural and paid search
• Provide periodic insights into client’s performance and how the client is continuously evolving their SEO/SEM plans in line with industry trends and retailer search engines
• Research and analyze competitor search performance, strategy and activities
• Define search analysis requirements and work with global teams to build required functionality / views in the PIE digital analytics environment Content
• Own the definition of perfect content within PDS, following this definition, ensure 100% portfolio compliance & execution, including ongoing tracking & adherence, to deliver 100% PDS content score across all customers
• Own the Dcom Content Blueprint, manage the Brandbank relationship and support Salsify integration to drive content execution in market.
• This will require strong collaboration with marketing to define process & execution RACI, given the cross functional ownership required to execute Benchmark vs. competition & ensure continuous evolution of standards to deliver best in class content for the client’s portfolio
• Work with the CDM’s & PDS managers optimising copy, taxonomy, and product pages
• Lead the agency relationships to drive natural search plans and delivery through content building client’s capability in creating a keyword library and continuously updating this with keyword discovery, expansion, and optimisation
Context and Scope
• The role has regional scope & total e-comm channel scope, with the clear priorities being (i) UK omni (ii) UK pure play (iii) Regional pure play (iv) Thereafter scale to France/Germany.
• Direct reporting line to E-Comm channel director.
Education & Professional Qualifications
• Degree educated or equivalent. 3+ years of experience managing paid & natural search activities in agency environment and/or large business, preferably FMCG
• Digital experience essential & must span the areas of: UK omni channel & UK pure play experience, previous search experience & level of expertise on both search & the total channel
• Customer experience with ability to engage, influence and impact customers by providing guidance on strategic direction of category
• High analytical acumen with ability to drive and translate insights into relevant strategies and tactics (actions / initiatives) internally and for execution with client’s customers.
• Strong commercial understanding of eCommerce
• Deep understanding of paid & natural search; algorithms, engines and optimization
• Good communication skills to educate stakeholder on all levels & report across key metrics
• Proven project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organisational skill