We are looking for an energetic and motivated Project Manager with software implementation experience to join our team to meet immediate demand. You will be an excellent communicator with robust and proven software implementation experience. You will be comfortable working ‘Client Side’ ensuring all aspects of the project’s delivery are in hand, leading weekly cadence and update meetings, and managing all aspects of project delivery, including planning, RAID management, resourcing and other related aspects of large complex programmes.
This role is perfect for you if you naturally build relationships with internal customers and lead them through the processes necessary to deliver robust Business Intelligence solutions. We are looking for a customer-focused individual and willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
As already mentioned, excellent communication and documentation skills are essential. We will prefer candidates who provide a strong covering letter describing why they are a perfect choice for the role and are immediately available.
Essential Skills and Experience;
- Experienced in implementing cloud-based software
- Outstanding English communication skills
- At least 5 years of IT project delivery
- Delivery in a matrix structure environment, with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams from numerous suppliers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to provide senior management updates in clear and concise communication packs
- Ability to engage with the team at a technical level
- Strong understanding of Agile project delivery methodology
- Prince II’s rigour and discipline in utilising RAID and other standard IT Project Management Tools
- You will be comfortable working in a fluid environment where there can be a degree of ambiguity, able to drive decisions and find creative solutions to enable the programme to progress
You will be accountable for all aspects of the projects, including the below elements, either directly taking responsibility for these items or ensuring the project managers reporting to you are adequately managing theirs.
- Planning: Maintenance and execution of the project plan.
- RAID management: Tracking and mitigating risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies. Assignment of ownership and escalation where appropriate
- Resource management: ensure that the project is adequately resourced for the current and expected scope. Manage relationships with vendors when needed.
- Budget: Track actuals and forecasts in the required templates. Approve SoWs, requisition POs and chase approvals. Track costs and engage the PMO and the programme manager when deviating from the budget.
- Communication and stakeholder management: report progress, escalate issues, request direction and delegate work through standard and ad hoc governance. Manage expectations on delivery, celebrate achievement and provide assistance at all levels across the data sub-workstreams. Work with a disparate set of stakeholders across numerous work streams, able to appreciate differing priorities and agendas across functions. Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Methodology: The programme uses a hybrid waterfall/agile approach. Execute the responsibilities of the role in this framework and coach others. Continually improve processes, but keep aligned with other pillars. Ensure that the project delivers in a compliant manner. Gain approvals where necessary.
Desirable Skills and Experience;
- IT solution delivery in large sports organisations, preferably football.