This role and team have direct accountability for driving profitable growth & delivering targets through various Digital channels. In addition to leadership of the channel & team, the associate is directly responsible for the customer ownership of Amazon & ODD customers operating at the regional level, and for partnering with the UK channel directors as a senior point of contact for UK customers. This person will be targeted on the business targets for the E-comm channel across Europe.
• Responsible for the longer-term strategy/channel development – e.g., strategy, supply, portfolio needs, route to market etc. in addition to the short-term target delivery
• The creation and embedding of the channel strategy, with a specific remit to drive aggressive growth through digital channels in line with digital target channel growth. Additional ownership for identifying and unlocking new partitions & customers as this fast-moving channel continues to evolve.
• Building successful relationships with senior contacts within Pureplay and Omnichannel customers to drive strategic alignment and to delivery of the operational P&L, working in close partnership with the Omni channel customer directors
• Leading the direct and indirect digital team (Pureplay CDM, Omnichannel CDM’s, Channel Directors, Digital Acceleration Manager, Other Demand & Segment associates – UK/Fr/Ger) through setting vision & strategic direction, building capability, executing the customer plan and priorities.
• Accountability for Digital performance and opportunities through the S&OP cycle. Influencing the Digital agenda and focus in Channel Meeting and attending the DMR and MBR when required.
• Contribute actively to the Sales Leadership Team delivering the vision, plan, priorities and capability for the Sales and Demand Operations team.
• In addition to leadership of the channel & team, the associate is directly responsible for the customer ownership of Amazon & ODD customers operating at the regional level (i) Amazon – regional customer owner, supported by local CDMs, ownership for unlocking regional benefit/scale/role up & defining customer operating model, in partnership with segment (ii) Direct ownership for ODD road map, partition target delivery, unlocking regional benefit/scale/role up
Context and Scope
• Holistic ownership for the E-comm channel across Europe, setting the vision & putting in place the plans required to deliver this, in line with business ambition
• Leadership of the E-comm team, with direct reports & indirect/dotted line reporting, and the additional requirement to lead cross functionally to deliver the holistic needs of the channel (e.g., Supply, portfolio, marketing)
• Direct ownership for regional Amazon & ODD, and direct senior contact point with Pureplay and Omnichannel customers, in partnership with Channel Directors
• Line managing & engagement responsibilities
Education & Professional Qualifications
• Degree educated or equivalent. Highly numerate and analytical, with strong communication and influencing skills. Digital/E-comm specific qualifications preferred.
• +5yrs E-Comm experience, preferably including FMCG & spanning Omni/Pure Play/ODD
• Amazon experience essential, Tesco.com preferred
• Significant evidence of delivery of results in e-comm channel/customers essential, and wider customer/commercial experience preferable
• Experience of building relationships at all levels within a large company, as well as influencing senior leadership internally also essential
• Ownership of personal development, building on personal strengths and development areas and evidence